The West Slope branch of APWA Colorado and the Colorado Association for Roadway MAintenance (CARMA) present the 32nd Annual Spring Street Conference. The Conference is April 17-19, 2019 in Grand Junction, Colorado. Always an educational and enjoyable event - so plan to join us!
· Beyond Illusions - Brad Barton, Inspirational Magician
· Improving Your Work Environment
· Colorado Subsurface Utility Ruling
· Fiber Reinforced Asphalt Pavement
· Innovations in Traffic Control
· Pavement Evaluation Scoring
· Roadway Signing and Pavement Markings
· Alternative Dust Control & Soil Stabilization
· Concrete Pavement Rehabilitation
· Sidewalk Maintenance & Ownership Issues
· Welding Safety
· Silica in Construction Ruling: Best Practices for Compliance
· CPR Certification (Additional fee)
State Championship Backhoe Competition. The APWA Colorado Chapter will sponsor the 1st and 2nd Place winners of this competition to participate in the National Backhoe Competition at the 2019 PWX in Seattle in September.
NEW – CPR Certification: We are partnering with the Grand Junction Fire Department to offer a 4-hour CPR Certification class. Attendees will receive certification through the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI). This program will teach how to recognize cardiac arrest, activate emergency medical services, respond appropriately until additional assistance arrives, and how to respond to urgent choking situations.
Registration and Fees:
Register online through Colorado APWA:
· Conference Registration: Early conference attendee registration is $105 through April 5th; registration is $130 after that date. Exhibitor booth and sponsor options are available. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
· Backhoe Competition: There is an additional fee to compete and pre-registration is required. Registration is $25 per person through April 16th. After that date, registration is $30 per person through April 18th and increases to $50 if registered the day of the event. These prices are for conference attendees. If you don't attend the conference but would still like to compete, the fee is $50.
· Certification: The fee for the CPR Certification is an additional $25 fee to the conference registration fee if registered by April 18th. The fee increases to $30 if registered the day of class, Friday, April 19th.
For questions concerning registration, please contact Pamela Weimer, Colorado Chapter Administrator at email@example.com.
For questions concerning the conference, please contact Renée Railsback firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clarion Inn Information: Guests may call front desk at: 970-243-6790 and ask for “APWA / CARMA American Public Works” block to make their reservation. If guests prefer an online method, please use the attached link for individual reservations: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/TP10R5
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing (email only email@example.com) by April 12th for a refund. Substitutions can be made at any time.